Below Deck Mediterranean star Nathan Gallagher is facing three domestic-violence-related charges in Australia stemming from an alleged Boxing Day incident in December 2025. What makes the case especially striking is the timing: the arrest remained out of the public spotlight for months and only surfaced in August 2026, while Gallagher’s latest season of the Bravo reality series was already airing.
Gallagher, then 27, was arrested on December 27, 2025, by officers from the Ryde Police Area Command at a unit complex on Appleforth Street in Melrose Park, in the Sydney area. Police allege that he assaulted a 29-year-old woman known to him at the same location the previous day.
More Legal Developments Involving Public Figures: Gallagher isn’t the only recognizable name recently facing serious charges that came to light after the fact. For more, read our report on Tyler Boebert’s arrest on felony charges in Colorado.
Nathan Gallagher Arrested After Alleged Boxing Day Assault in Sydney
According to a police memo obtained by Rolling Stone, officers arrived at approximately 8:45 a.m. on December 27 and arrested Gallagher. He was subsequently taken to Gladesville Police Station.
New South Wales Police said Gallagher was charged with three offenses:
“assault occasioning actual bodily harm,” “intentionally chok[ing a] person without consent,” and “common assault.”
Police information described the alleged victim as a 29-year-old woman known to Gallagher. There were no reports of serious injuries to either Gallagher or the woman.
The arrest itself happened months before the public learned about it. Details first surfaced around August 19, 2026, through the police memo obtained by Rolling Stone. Subsequent reporting drew on New South Wales Police information and court records.
More Arrest Details: Documentation obtained after an arrest has shaped coverage of several recent cases involving public figures. For more, read our story on what’s known so far about Tony Romo’s OWI arrest in Wisconsin.
Gallagher Was Initially Refused Bail Before Being Released on Conditions
The legal process moved quickly after the arrest. Gallagher was initially denied bail before appearing in Bail Division Court 7 on December 28, 2025.
At that hearing, he was granted conditional bail and ordered to appear at Burwood Local Court on January 15, 2026. His next scheduled appearance at the same court is September 1, 2026.
There is a difference in reporting over Gallagher’s plea. One report citing police information says he has pleaded not guilty to all three charges, while Rolling Stone reported that it was unclear how he had pleaded.
Importantly, Gallagher has not been reported as convicted of the charges. The allegations remain before the court.
More Evidence-Driven Coverage: Bodycam and police records have become a key part of how the public learns about these cases as they unfold. For more, read our story on the bodycam footage released from Tony Romo’s OWI arrest.
Court Documents Name Gael Cameron in Apprehended Violence Application
The case takes another significant turn in court records involving Gallagher and fellow Below Deck Mediterranean castmate Gael Cameron.
Although police materials did not publicly identify the alleged victim, a corresponding court case identifies Gallagher as the subject of an Apprehended Violence Application filed on behalf of Cameron.
Cameron is Gallagher’s fellow cast member and the mother of their young child. An Apprehended Violence Application, connected with an Apprehended Violence Order, or AVO, is intended to provide protection for a person who fears violence, intimidation, harassment or stalking.
A hearing concerning that application is also scheduled for September 1, 2026.
The application should not be confused with a criminal conviction or treated as a finding that Gallagher committed the alleged conduct. The criminal charges and the protective-order proceedings are separate court matters.
More Professional Fallout From Serious Allegations: Formal findings can carry consequences well beyond the courtroom, as seen in a recent case involving a medical professional. For more, read our story on Dr. Yasser Adly Abdel Rahman being struck off the medical register.
Nathan Gallagher and Gael Cameron Met on Below Deck Mediterranean
Gallagher and Cameron’s connection began on Below Deck Mediterranean.
The two met while filming Season 9, which was filmed around 2023–2024. At the time, both were working as deckhands. Their relationship continued after filming, although it reportedly included some interruptions.
The couple welcomed their son, Kayden Cameron-Gallagher, in June 2025.
Gallagher later returned to Below Deck Mediterranean as a bosun. The current season, filmed the previous summer, follows him dealing with the pressures of leading the deck team aboard a superyacht while also trying to balance work with becoming a father.
That fatherhood storyline makes the timing of the newly public arrest particularly notable. Viewers are watching Gallagher navigate his relationship with Cameron and his responsibilities toward their newborn son on screen, while the alleged incident occurred later in December 2025.
More Public Scrutiny Stories: Off-screen controversy shaping how a public figure is perceived has come up elsewhere recently too. For more, read our story on the controversy surrounding Jason Arday at Cambridge.
Why the Arrest Is Coming to Light During Gallagher’s Bravo Season
The timeline is one of the most eye-catching elements of the story.
| Date | Event | Official detail |
| December 26, 2025 | Alleged assault | Police allege Gallagher assaulted a 29-year-old woman known to him |
| December 27, 2025 | Arrest | Gallagher arrested at about 8:45 a.m. in Melrose Park |
| December 28, 2025 | Bail hearing | Initially refused bail; later granted conditional bail |
| January 15, 2026 | Court appearance | Ordered to appear at Burwood Local Court |
| August 19, 2026 | Arrest becomes public | Police memo details reported by Rolling Stone |
| September 1, 2026 | Next court date | Burwood Local Court appearance and AVO-related hearing scheduled |
The arrest therefore happened after the events depicted during filming but remained publicly unknown while Gallagher’s current season was being broadcast.
Neither Gallagher nor Cameron has publicly addressed the case. Rolling Stone reported that Gallagher did not immediately respond to a request for comment, while the publication also contacted Cameron. A representative for Bravo likewise did not immediately respond to requests for comment from multiple outlets.
Fans have also noticed that Gallagher and Cameron no longer follow each other on Instagram, although older posts featuring the pair remain available. Their social-media status, however, does not establish what happened and is not independent evidence concerning the allegations.
More Law Enforcement Coverage: Police response and pursuit incidents have made headlines locally in recent days too. For more, read our report on the LAPD chase involving a stolen Mercedes and dirt bikers in Los Angeles.
What Happens Next for Nathan Gallagher?
For now, the next major date is September 1, 2026, when Gallagher is scheduled to appear at Burwood Local Court. The hearing concerning the Apprehended Violence Application involving Cameron is also scheduled for that day.
Until the court proceedings are resolved, the charges against Gallagher remain allegations. The available information does not establish a final outcome in the criminal case, and there has been no reported conviction based on the information supplied.
The case has placed renewed attention on Gallagher’s personal life just as he remains on screen as a Below Deck Mediterranean cast member. For viewers following the season, the real-life legal developments add an unexpected layer to a storyline that was filmed months before the arrest became public.
Disclaimer and Sources
This article is based on a thorough review of the supplied reporting and source material from Rolling Stone, PEOPLE, news.com.au, USA TODAY, Us Weekly and Page Six, including information attributed to New South Wales Police and court records. The article reports allegations and court-related information and does not present those allegations as established facts. Nathan Gallagher has been charged but, based on the information available here, has not been reported as convicted of the charges. Details concerning the Apprehended Violence Application are likewise presented as court-related information and should not be interpreted as a finding of wrongdoing. Information is current to August 20, 2026 based on the supplied reporting and source material.
Sources:
Featured Image Credit:
- Instagram / @nathanjgallagher_




Leave a Reply